TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
Jeddah City is located in the middle of the eastern coast of the red sea known as the Bride of the Red Sea and is considered the economic and tourism capital of the country. It is ranked the second largest city after Riyadh in the kingdom, with the largest seaport on the red sea.
Jeddah is the main gateway to the two holy cities, Makkah and Madinah. It receives about 18 million religious tourists with a population of over 5 million inhabitants, and soon to open the largest airport in the country with total area 12.3km2 (storage area 3.9km2).
It accommodates 65% of the incoming goods through ports in Saudi Arabia and enjoys the latest generation of the largest container vessels with a capacity of 65000 TEUs).
Jeddah is expected to receive approximately 25 million visitors yearly by 2025. The private sector accounts for 45% of the total projects providing 80% of the investment. The occupancy rate of hotels has been noticeably higher than Riyadh city with78% Vs 58 %, and with megaprojects under-construction. The Elevators & Escalators Industry will be increasingly growing.
GETTING THERE & HOTELS
GETTING TO THE VENUE
BY ROAD – Saudi Arabia’s extensive modern road network makes travel within the Kingdom fast and convenient.
Jeddah can be reached from the north, the south and across the Kingdom to the east, by fast convenient Expressways and grade 1 highways. Jeddah is circled by a fast multi-lane ring road.
Jeddah Center for Forums & Events is located on Madina Road, midway between the airport and city center.
From the City
Following the signs for the airport or for Madina, leave Jeddah City on Madina Road going north. Prepare to leave Madina Road at the Hera’a Street exit. Pass the Aramex offices on your right and go straight ahead at the traffic lights, then with the exhibition center on your right, take the first right turn. Welcome to JCFE!
From the North
After passing the airport, leave Madina Road at the Hera’a Street exit and make a U-turn under the Flyover. With the exhibition center on your right, take the first right turn.
From the East & South
The roads from the Jizan & the south and Riyadh & the east join the main highway from Makkah and the Jeddah Ring Road. Once on the Ring Road, follow the signs for the airport and Madina. Ignore all signs for the city center or the port.
Leave the Ring Road following the sign for the South (Saudi) Terminal of the airport, then with the airport on your right; follow the signs for Jeddah City. Do not take the airport terminal slip road. At the intersection with Madina Road (options for Madina, Corniche or City Centre), follow the City Centre sign to join Madina Road going south. Leave Madina Road at the Hera’a Street exit and make a U-turn under the Flyover.
With the exhibition center on your right, take the first right turn.
BY AIR – Many of the world’s leading airlines route directly to Jeddah’s King Abdul Aziz International Airport. This is the busiest international airport in the Middle East.
International and domestic flights by Saudia (Saudi Arabian Airlines) arrive and depart from the South Terminal. All other airlines arrive and depart from the North Terminal.
Jeddah International Exhibition Centre is located just a few minutes from the airport on the direct route to the city. Limousines (taxi) will take you from the airport terminals to the exhibition center and/or your hotel.
Recommended hotels are all within easy distance of the exhibition center.
Many fine and suitable hotels are available for accommodation in Jeddah,
However, The Organizers have chosen to recommend the following hotels for its competitive Price and Location close to the exhibition venue:
Movenpick City Star – Jeddah
TEL.: +966 12 6180000
Holiday Inn Jeddah Gateway
TEL.: +966 12 5108666
The organizers will assist to obtain business visas for all exhibitors. However, visas are granted at the discretion of the Saudi authorities and assistance is given on the understanding that the organizers cannot be held responsible if the visa application is unsuccessful.
Please note the following points:
- Visas are required by everyone with the exception of travelers holding a passport from GCC countries.
- Current Government regulations for obtaining a Saudi Business visa for participants at trade shows are as follows:
1. Participants requiring assistance with their Entry Visa must complete Visa Form (available at the right side), and email it to the organizers no later than 2 months before the show.
2. Organizers will submit a list of show participants requiring visas, to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia.
3. Upon arrival of the Ministry, an approval reference number will be issued and circulated to all concerned Saudi Embassies or consulates worldwide. The organizers, will, in turn, inform all concerned participants.
4. Participants will apply for their Entry Visas at Saudi Embassies or consulates in their respective countries, including the approval reference number in their visa application. Please Check with the Saudi Embassy or Consulate for requirements.
5. Exhibitors should apply for their visa at least 6 weeks prior to traveling to the Kingdom considering a visit or business visa takes 2-3 weeks to process from application to the collection.
6. The organizers cannot be held responsible for any exhibitor who fails to obtain his/her visa in time for the show.
The organizers in being the sole party responsible for issuing business visas for international exhibitors are liable towards the Saudi immigration authorities in case of overstay of any exhibitor beyond the allowed period stamped upon receiving the visa or at the port of entry. in case of unauthorized stay, an exhibitor is considered as an illegal subject and could be prosecuted. Furthermore, fines of up to 10,000 SR. could be applied against him.
ALL INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITORS WITHOUT EXCEPTION ARE ADVISED TO DEPART THE COUNTRY ON OR BEFORE THE EXPIRY DATE OF THEIR VISAS.
IT IS MANDATORY TO SEND YOUR PASSPORT COPY TO THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ALONGSIDE THE COMPLETION OF THE FORM.